joy

joy

Contributors

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Piano recitals

Every six months or so, I have a recital for my piano students.  This gives them an opportunity to perform for their family and friends.  I usually have the recitals at a retirement center.  I like to do this because the residents seem very appreciative.  I encourage my students to shake hands with the residents after the recital and thank them for listening.  


Each performer announces his or her name and the names/composers of the songs they will be performing.

Me and my cute son, playing a duet on the piano.

My other cute son performing a solo.



Tiffani announcing her songs.




The Shupe sisters performing a duet

The following photos and video were taken at the most recent recital, in August, 2012:

Me, announcing the program and thanking parents and friends for coming to the recital

 My sister, Jennifer, and her family came to the recital.  They were visiting from Idaho Falls.

 A view from the balcony before the recital began


















Tiffani performing in August 2012


I love music.  I love teaching it.  I love children.  It is rewarding to see them perform after working so hard to learn their music.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a piano teacher!



No comments: