joy

joy

Contributors

Friday, March 25, 2016

My New "Baby"

We brought home a new Yamaha mid-size grand piano last week!
It was a little scary getting it here. I could hardly stand to watch!

It took four men to move it in.


We were giddy with excitement! Tiffani was the first one to play the piano after it was all settled into our living room. It has a clear, beautiful tone and is a delight to play! 

Our family feels very blessed to have this new addition.

As a music teacher, it was sure fun for me to see my piano students' excitement when they each came for their lessons this week. I propped up the lid so they could look over the edge and watch the amazing workings of the hammers and strings as I played the piano for them. All my students wanted to know where the "old" piano went. We moved our upright piano to the big room upstairs. It holds a very special place in my heart because it was my first piano, and I inherited it from my Grandma Ila Child when she passed away 18 years ago. I think of her every time I play it. Tiffani will start teaching piano lessons Grandma Ila's piano this summer, and it will become her piano someday.


I am looking forward to many generations of musicians enjoying this new "baby" of  ours.

No comments: