joy

joy

Contributors

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Bowers Family This 'n That

Life is so busy and there is always something exciting happening.

Here are a few snippets of the goings-on in the Bowers household:

Trent, our youngest, is having fun being a Cub Scout. As an assistant Den Leader in his Wolf Den, I have the privilege of helping out with the weekly meetings and monthly Pack Meetings. 

I teach piano lessons to my own children and also to a couple dozen wonderful young musicians. We have recitals a couple of times each year. I love to see the progress of the children I teach.  Music brings me great joy! Our house is always filled with music.

I am continually seeking inspiration for ways to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in our home, and for unique and meaningful ways to apply those teachings. Read about one way that our family did this:
http://kennewickstakereliefsociety.blogspot.com/2014_03_01_archive.html


The law of the harvest:
I love to be outside, and I've tried hard to pass along that love to my children. There is so much to be learned from caring for our little portion of Heavenly Father's beautiful earth. I especially love the lessons learned from raising a garden -- planning, preparing the soil, planting the seeds, nurturing and caring for the growing plants, and finally -- harvesting and enjoying the fruits and vegetables.  Successful gardening-- like anything worthwhile -- takes patience, diligence, and hard work. 

My sweet daughter is learning to experience the joy of service, kindness, and love. We are so blessed to have wonderful neighbors and friends!

My second son, Todd, learned about diligence and hard work as he trained for track season his Junior year of high school. It was rewarding to see him improve his times and reach his goals. I love to see him run.


No comments: