joy

joy

Contributors

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Love is Spoken Here

We recently returned from a family reunion for the posterity of my parents, Lynn and Janice Child.  It was held in the mountains near Park City, Utah -- a gorgeous location! We stayed three nights in a big lodge with bunk house and had lots of crazy fun.  It was wonderful to see everyone and to be together for four days, all 37 of us.

Some of the highlights for me included our family photo shoot, which was interrupted by a rainstorm; the delicious meals (each family took a turn cooking for the whole group); spending an afternoon in Park City and experiencing the thrill of the Alpine Slide and the Alpine Coaster; spending a day at Jordanelle State Park; and hearing my Dad's counsel and his humble, gratitude-filled prayer at the end of the reunion.

I feel so blessed to be a part of this eternal family. My parents are truly amazing. They inspire me every day through their example and continual kindness and love to continue to press forward with faith and with joy. I love them so much.

Thank you, Mom and Dad, for everything... and for this amazing opportunity to gather together.

No comments: